I read the question this morning and have had all day to contemplate my response. I'm not sure if that was good because I too long to think about what I want to accomplish in six months. I'm not a novelist. So I'm going to do the best to just pick a few things that are important.
Going over the next six months, what are your goals?
Goals for myself:
- lose about 15 pounds - our only son is getting married in six months and I want to fit in the dress that I bought 2 years ago
- write more consistently in the journals that I have started for all my kids and their spouses
- correspond with my extended family more - they live in Colorado and Wyoming so don't see them often
- finish hand quilting small Christmas quilts for the girls
- hand quilt "colors of the sea" quilt that is a wedding gift for a friend
- design, make and hand quilt son and fiance's wedding quilt
- after this fall, my desire is that Tate and I will be competitive in the ranch class, which means working several days a week, which really has been easier since it is cooler.
- continue to work with Liesl, who is really testing my patience, but my goal is to trial her next year.
- be absolutely excited every time I work with Bess - she is doing so well, I have to be careful not to let her do too much too soon
- name the new pup - yes I have a new puppy!!!! (hopefully the naming won't take six months!!! lol)
- finishing building the holding pens around the round pen
- build the roof to the breeze way between two barns
- start saddle breaking the long yearling gelding, GW McClintock
- wire the lights in the box car (which we use for storage)
- repair the chute
- remodel master bath
- extend rock patio under porch
- repair/refinish several pieces of vintage furniture
- document all the crazy work verification letters and try to make sense out of them - "pingyfro", "grami", "hairtc" - is that like a tick in the hair, or a wild person with some really wild ideas???